#HighburyHearsYou – At Cape Town Etc, we are passionate about the return of local restaurants and growing business. As part of our #HighburyHearsYou initiative, we’re bringing you some amazing restaurants in and around the city.
There is something magical about sitting down to enjoy a cup of strong coffee from your favorite cafe. If you’re not sure where to get a great cup of coffee in the northern suburbs, here are some great places.
Located in the heart of the Northern Suburbs, Boston Coffee offers freshly roasted cups of coffee for anyone who is in or visiting Bellville. They have an incredibly affordable coffee menu with prices starting at R18 per cup with a variety of options to choose from including classic American coffee and Turkish coffee. Why not spoil yourself and enjoy their famous Boston Breakfast?
- Location: 5 Park Court Bellville, Cleveland Streetand, Bellville
- Hours of operation: Monday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. | Tuesday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.| Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.| Close on Sunday
The meaning of a word alchemy is “a magical process of transformation, creation or combination”, and that is exactly what you will get with this unique coffee. They are incredibly passionate about brewing coffee, and it shows. Alchemy offers locally made single origin coffee, a warm yet vibrant atmosphere, and friendly baristas you won’t get anywhere else in Cape Town.
- Location: 23 Bakker Street, Welgemoed, Cape Town, 7530
- Hours of operation: Monday to Friday 7 am to 4 pm | Saturday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Describing itself as ‘decadent’ and ‘luxurious’, this French-inspired bistro is all that and more. You’ll feel like you’ve stepped into the home of a French aristocrat from the 1700s thanks to the opulent and carefully curated decor. The coffee isn’t too bad either. Enjoy the cozy atmosphere while sipping a heavenly macchiato or a classic latte – all under R30.
- Location: 46 Oxford Street, Durbanville, Cape Town.
- Hours of operation: Monday to Thursday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. âFriday and Saturday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. â Sunday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Treat coffee roasters:
This cafe is a relatively new establishment which is a true treat! These specialty micro-roasters may be the new kids on the block, but they seem to be following the big boys. They provide an amazing atmosphere with freshly brewed cups of coffee that will make your taste buds roar with joy. Treat also offers a range of sandwiches, sweets, including mini banana breads and pastries.
- Location: Store 5, Spiro’s Center Corner Wellington and Main Roads, Durbanville
- Hours of operation: Monday to Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. âSaturday 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Unlike the others on our list, Oppiekoffie is a franchise that a lot of people seem to love. If you are looking for something simple and without all the bells and whistles, Oppiekoffie is the perfect stop. This is a great place if you are looking to sip a heavily brewed cup of tea while enjoying one of the many delicious sweet treats they offer. They have a family atmosphere and their menu is filled with scrumptious must-try dishes.
- Location: Glengarry Shopping Center, Chemin De Bron, Brackenfell
- Hours of operation: Monday and Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. â Tuesday – Thursday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. â Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
ALSO READ: Succulent restaurants to try in the northern suburbs
Delicious restaurants to try in the northern suburbs